Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yeah, I know it's been a while

I'm guessing you can tell how busy we are since we haven't posted in like 3 weeks, but what are you gonna do? So I had another full band concert at The Nest here in Rome last Friday and I thought it went really well. We had a great turnout considering the weather and the fact it's football night for anyone with kids in high school or even those who just like to go. We had a great set of songs and desptie not being able to practice much, I was pleased overall with our performance. It's fun getting to play different types of music and performing in that type of setting. I mean, my calling and passion in life is leading worship and I will never prefer performance over that, but it's fun to do every once in a while. However, it takes up a lot of time and energy to put something like that together so I am probably not going to do it again for a while. At some point, I'll be able to get some videos from our July performance up on here and on Facebook so those who missed out will have a chance to check it out.

Big news for us this week by the way! Haha, no we aren't pregnant, for all those who are probably thinking that. But we did pay off a credit card and are on our way to paying off the other. Dave Ramsey is a smart fellow. The feeling of small accomplishments and success can go a long way when trying to become debt free. We paid for a lot of things with our wedding and honeymoon ourselves so we finally got the rest of that stuff paid off. Once we get the other card paid off, we'll be able to hit our student loans hard. Alas, I cannot wait for the day when we do not have to make anymore payments for our Berry College education, which come this May, will include 2 Bachelor's degrees and a Masters degree (for Brittany). It's money well spent, but it will be even better when we don't have to spend anymore. We have needs (that really means wants, but sounds better) that we need to meet and it will be nice to afford them.

With all of this busyness of late, I think my wife and I could really use a vacation. I don't think we'll get one until next summer, but it would be so amazing to be able to get away for a week. I wish I was one of those people who has a good friend or relative with a beach house or cabin or something or works for a cruise liner and can hook us up. Unfornuately, I was not blessed in that particular way, which is okay, but it would be nice sometimes. I know Brittany will be glad to be done with Grad School and this school year and actually have a summer to spend not doing school work and be able to travel a little. Our budgetary constraints will not allow us to venture very far for very long, but should hopefully provide at least one great trip, maybe two :)

As I write I'm listening to some Dave Barnes right now, good stuff. What is your favorite artist and/or song right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment