Thursday, August 20, 2009

Babies are truly of the Lord

So, Brittany and I are in no way hoping to have a baby for a couple more years, but some very dear friends of ours had their baby girl this past Sunday and she is absolutely amazing. I've had a chance to visit with them 3 times this week and gotten to hold her and just fellowship with our friends who we love dearly. Russ and Dixi Burnett brought a precious little baby girl into the world, Caedmon Claire Burnett. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous at first holding her, just something about holding such a small person, although the funny thing is babies really aren't very fragile. Anyways, it just made me think how incredible it will be one day to hold my own son/daughter in my arms and know that baby is a gift from the Lord and someone I will love more than anything in this world (along with my wife of course).

It's funny how despite how crazy and busy life can be, spending time with a baby can completely make the world stop and nothing else matters. And it's not even my baby! Haha, my wife may read this and think I have baby fever, but that's not true, I just think they are so special and it just blows me away how amazing God is that he ordains every single part of creation. Just awesome. Here is a picture of Brittany and I spending time with a sweet miracle of God.



By the way, mark your calendars for September 18th, which is a Friday night. I will once again be playing a concert at The Nest downtown Rome from 8-10pm and I would love to see you all there. Videos from the first show are hopefully to come in the near future.

C&B
Hayes Party of Two

1 comment:

  1. I think you should have a baby soon :) I know what your thinking ... LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete