Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Ahhhhh, what a refreshing feeling to sleep in on a Saturday morning and wake up to the smell of your wife making waffles in the kitchen. It has been so long since I've been home for a weekend that I've forgotten the simple joys of spending a weekend at home with my wife with nowhere to go, no responsibilities to attend to, and no plans to prepare for. Don't get me wrong, I love being busy and having things to do. According to my Mom, I'm a social butterfly, although being a man, I don't particularly like the butterfly comparison, but I'll let it slide for now.

So what do I do today? Well, a lot of nothing really. Brittany has lots of school things to prepare and work on so like a good husband, I will be there to help her with those. The Falcons and Braves both play today at 4:00 so I have to be glued to the TV at that time with my hand gripped firmly around the remote and my trigger finger on the "last" button to flip back and forth. One game means nothing (Falcons) and one game means a lot (Braves) due to the time of year. Let's not forget that Tiger will be trying to extend his lead in the PGA Championship today so I'm sure I will catch a good bit of his round today.

There's just something about being at home. I've always felt it no matter where my "home" actually was. I enjoy the comfortable surroundings, coming and going as a I please, doing what I want, but most of all, it is so amazing to share home with the one you love. My wife kissing me on the head to wake me up. Going to bed and waking up together as opposed to our different schedules during the week. It has just been a long time since we've enjoyed this simplistic pleasure of life and we both treasure it every chance we get. Just spending time together is all I need, me and my bride forever. Gotta love it!




C&B
Hayes Party of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment