Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rome Braves and Independence Day

I had the chance to sing the National Anthem at the Rome Braves game this past Thursday, July 2nd. It was a neat experience and I guess I would even have to admit that I did okay. My family and some other good friends were there to support me and even though there were not a huge number of fans at the game, it was still a lot of fun. We did catch it on video for your enjoyment although it was from my crappy digital camera so the quality is not great, but you get the idea nonetheless.



This weekend marks the only weekend this whole month that I don't have a lot of things to do. In fact, only one other weekend this month will I even be in town so Brittany and I decided to just enjoy each other's company this weekend and do some married things. We went to a movie last night and since we saw Transformers 2 last time, it was time for a chick flick so we saw The Proposal with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock. Although very predictable for a girl movie, I have to admit it was really funny and I enjoyed it. Afterwards we came home and made some pigs in the blanket and ate some other snack foods and just took it easy.







Saturday was about the most uneventful day we could ever have, but I have to admit it was nice to simply sleep in late and do nothing at all for the day. Brittany had some school work to do, but other than that, it was a nice day of rest. Don't worry, we'll still watch the fireworks once they start and enjoy the holiday traditions. I'm not sure who decided that a good way to celebrate our nation's birthday is to blow things up, but I applaud them.

Lastly, a shameless plug, which I will continue to repeat on every post for the next two weeks. I am playing a concert downtown Rome at The Nest on July 17th. I'll be playing with a full band and also doing a few originals by myself and will cover a large spectrum of musical genres, but I can promise it's going to be a lot of fun for everyone. The show is from 9-11pm and it's a Friday night so come on out and join us there!

C&B
Hayes Party of Two

2 comments: