Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy Bee

This July has been one crazy busy month for me and it now extends into the first half of August, but at least the "busyness" has been of the good variety. I have been so blessed even amidst driving a lot of miles, to spend time with some amazing people and get to lead worship at different churches and venues and God has done some amazing things as he always tends to do. This past weekend I left Rome on Friday and drove to Athens so spend time with some people that I not only call friends, but are really more like brothers and sisters including Erin, Michelle, Evie and Vic. We hung out, ate dinner downtown, and had one of our legendary jam sessions and it was just a really sweet time. I love and miss those guys very much and felt truly blessed to get to spend time with them for a few hours. I drove to Conyers later that night to my parents house and spent the weekend with them and also got to see one of my best friends, Aaron and his new fiancee Meredith. Brittany and I are very happy for the two of them and can't wait to be a part of their wedding.

On Sunday, I had the opportunity once again to lead worship at my home church. I go even express how incredibly blessed I am to get to come back to the church that has meant so much to me. I started going there with my family when I was in 3rd grade and there are still many people in the church body that I have known for so many years and they all mean so much to me. God really moved in the morning services and I feel that people truly felt His presence and responded authentically to the greatness of His glory. Some of you are probably thinking.....where was Brittany? Well, she had another good friend, Mandy Massingill come into town from doing ministry work in Mexico and their women's bible study group got together and had a good time. Brittany also had several things to do around the house the rest of the weekend and got a lot done, although she was missed very much.

This weekend I am heading to Buckhead to run sound and help lead worship for the Youth For Christ Conference which has people from all over the Southeast coming together so that should be really cool. More info to come later in another post. For now, here are some pictures from the weekend for your enjoyment. Give us feedback in a comment and tell us what you think about our blog. Take care and God bless.






No comments:

Post a Comment