Monday, July 20, 2009

Good Times with Great Friends

Sorry it has been a while since our last post, but we haven't exactly had the most free time in the world the last two weeks so I will try and catch everything up with this one. Brittany just finished her summer semester of classes for Grad School this past week. She got A's in all three classes, which comes as no surprise. She absolutely worked her tail off for 6 weeks with so much work and class time, but it paid off in the end with her grades and now she can graduate next May rather than have to take an extra class next summer so I am so proud of her. She has an amazing work ethic and I don't think I could have handled what she did nearly in the same fashion.

As for me, I spent last weekend up in Charlotte, NC with my best friend Vic just hanging out, playing music and then we lead worship together at his church that Sunday morning. It was totally worth the drive up there getting to spend some good time with Vic since I don't get to see him very often anymore and we always enjoy worship together so I was blessed to have been a part of that and we got to eat lunch with another good friend, Josh Davis that Saturday which was great.
This past week it was more of the good times with great friends. Kirk Warmerdam, another great friend and groomsmen in our wedding came into town Wednesday night from California and stayed through Sunday. Also, Christina Lynn and Rachel McLemore stayed with us and we all had a blast. Yes, we had 5 people staying in our two bedroom apartment, but we made it work. We played about 6 hours of volleyball, 3 hours of disc golf, had my concert Friday night (more info in a second), and also had some movie/game time in there as well. Let's just say we packed a lot of activities into a long weekend and it was awesome. We are very blessed to have great friends and thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend.

I played a concert as most of you know Friday night at the Nest. It was fun because there was a full band with me including Michael Smith on bass, Tribb Robison on drums, Brandon Trapp on electric and Carrie Pinckard on vocals. The only problem was there was a mixup on the time so we didn't get to play until 10:00pm that night. However, there was still a great turnout with around 50-60 people there at the start of the show and because of being so late, we were down to about 20 at the end, but still it was an awesome time and a lot of fun. My parents and brother drove up from Conyers just for the show and then drove all the way back and that meant a lot to have them there, especially on my Mom's birthday when she could have been doing something else so to my family: I love you and appreciate you. Videos/pictures of the concert will come later so stay tuned.

This week should be a little more calm. Brittany has about 2 weeks to relax and rest before pre-planning for school starts and although I have to work, this week doesn't look to be too busy. I am driving to Conyers this weekend to lead worship at my home church, Rockdale Baptist, so that should be a lot of fun although I will miss my wife a ton as she will not be able to come. A good friend of hers, Mandy Massingill is coming into town for some fun with the girls' Bible study so I'm excited they will have that time together. Well, that should just about sum it up. Let us know what you think about our blog by leaving a comment. Take care and God bless!

C&B
Hayes Party of Two

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shout out! I'm excited, too, Brit! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete