Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Job, New Beginnings, New Plan

Obviously we haven't had enough exciting or great news to write about over the past few months, until now. Starting April 12th (officially), I will have a new employer. I have accepted a job with Faithbridge Foster Care (http://faithbridgefostercare.org/), a Christian placement agency that will place foster kids in Christian homes and local churches will serve as a support system for those families. I will be a Family Consultant working hand in hand with foster families through things such as Court, DFCS, services, coordinating volunteers, training them in different areas, and several other responsibilities that I am still unsure on. The church I currently serve at, Three Rivers Community Church, along with 5 other churches came together to start Project 127 here in Floyd County. The name comes from James 1:27, "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." Basically, we believe it is the responsibility of the Church to care for these children, and not the state. Either way, the state of Georgia will pay for children to be placed in Christian homes through Faithbridge, which is just an awesome thought. I found out I got the job this past Thursday and then turned in my 2 week notice at DFCS on Friday making April 9th my final day there. Things have been more stressful the past few months than they have the whole time I've worked at DFCS, so the timing is perfect. It was time for me to move on. And now, I get a job with less stress, more rewards, better pay, better benefits, and I really get to make a difference in the lives of children and families for the glory of God and to build His kingdom.

This new job impacts Brittany and I in huge ways, not the least of which is financially. Not only will my salary be higher, but since I get a company car, I won't be having to fill up my gas tank nearly as much at all, and don't have to worry about as much wear and tear on my car, making it last a couple more years longer most likely. That will save us a couple hundred dollars a month. Also, they will pay for my insurance. We'll have to pay for Brittany, but that should save us money as well. We've talked and planned out a lot of things and as you remember from previous posts, we are working hard to eliminate our debt from student loans and credit cards. We are about to pay off our second credit card taking care of that debt which is awesome. Now, we can keep the same budget we have now and put all extra money towards paying off student loans. What that means is absolutely huge for us. Now, instead of taking 5 years approximately to pay of student loans, we can possibly take care of them completely in 2 years. What? That is crazy! God is so good and so faithful to provide for us and take care for us and continues to show his faithfulness over and over again and all we are and have is for Him! With all of our debt taken care of in a couple of years, we can look for a house and also prepare to start a family, which we are very excited about, but before you all start getting excited, we are not planning to do that real soon so calm down! Haha, but one day it will happen.

Brittany is on the home stretch of the hard, stressful life of Grad School and teaching and all that jazz. She finished her portfolio and turned it in last Monday and I must say it was excellent. She has her oral panel review ordeal coming up in about 2 weeks, on April 16th so be praying for that. We are counting down the days until May 8th when she graduates with her Masters in Early Childhood Education and cannot wait for this summer where a huge load will be lifted off her shoulders. Please be praying for strength, energy and perseverance so that she can finish the race strong and with excellence. I am so proud of her and so grateful that she is my wife. She is an example for me and an encouragement to me each and every day with her work ethic and all that she does excellently. She is a phenomenal teacher that God has not only called, but gifted to reach children in amazing ways.

Well, I will call it quits on this blog for now, but hope to start keeping up with things more often. Time is not an abundant resource of ours these days unfortunately. Hopefully that will change really soon. Thank you all for your support, prayers and encouragement. It means more to us than you can possibly know and we can feel how the Lord uses you to impact our lives and our marriage. God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good!

C&B
Hayes Party of Two

3 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! That is awesome news!! Congratulations, Chris!! I will definitely continue to pray for you guys...hoping to see you sometime soon! :) Love y'all, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Congrats on the new job!!!! But you will be missed at DFCS. Glad this will be so good for ya'll !!!! :) Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, I really appreciate it. We are excited about this new adventure and to see what God has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete